2/20/09

JAZMINE DOES HOLLYWOOD









As her latest single says, Jazmine Sullivan is not afraid of Lions, Tigers and Bears. Now the songstress can add acting to that list as she prepares for her close up with a role in Red Tails, film director Anthony Hemingway’s story on the legendary Tuskegee Airmen.

According to Sullivan, the role isn’t too big of a stretch.

“I play a singer who entertains soldiers,” the singer told Billboard. “I'm really just entertainment for them, but I kind of get a little relationship going with one of them. So that's very exciting.”

While Red Tails may be seen as Sullivan’s first foray into acting, the Grammy-nominated vocalist harbors previous experience that served as a launching pad.

“I used to act when I was younger, in little plays,” said Sullivan, who attended Philadelphia's Creative and Performing Arts high school and revealed that she has a TV project in the works. “It never was really a passion of mine. It's just something I did and I could do. Anything where I can be creative, I like to do.”

Sounds like a wide-open future. In addition to Sullivan, fans can also catch singer/songwriter Ne-Yo in Red Tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment